Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Blessed Beyond Measure

Well, I'm doing my post late Sunday night rather than early Monday morning because I have tomorrow off of work and I plan on sleeping in. I know, I know this is a very lazy thing to do, but I got up very early this morning, and today was my birthday so cut me a bit of slack!
Actually, I just wanted to do a post about how blessed I am! I have seen instance after instance this weekend of how God is blessing my life.
Blessing one came from my niece. She has gotten into a habit of "talking to God." She has to be outdoors when she does this. No one really knows why, but she'll go to the corner of her front porch and look up at the sky and talk to God. Well, yesterday she was talking to God, and she looked up and said, "God, I don't feel so good."
My sister shared this with us, and I admit I got a good laugh out of it, but it also reminded me about how God wants us to come to Him like a child. He wants to know just how we feel. He doesn't want us to hold anything back. He wants to know when we "don't feel so good." He wants to know our joys and our sorrows.
Today, I'm sharing some of my joys because I don't want to hold back!
So, blessing number 2. GiBee She truly has been a blessing to me. Her posts uplift me, and she made a special effort to blog on a Sunday and threw me a cyber party for my 24th birthday! Her thoughtfulness truly blessed me! Thanks, GiBee (and all of you who celebrated with me!)
Blessing number 3. I got to spend the day doing what I love. Yes, that meant I had to get up at 4:45 this morning. And yes, I admit I was sleepy, but I love going and singing for God's glory, there's no better way I could spend my birthday.
Which brings me to blessing 4. Two people got saved today at the church we sang at. There are two people in Henderson, NC who now share a birthday with me!That is what its all about. That's why we go. To proclaim Jesus' name to the lost. I'd get up at 4:45 every day if I could see people saved!
And finally blessing number 5. God has blessed me with one more year. He has allowed me to do things this last year for Him, and I know He is guiding me, and I look forward to what He has in store!
Take some time today to count a few of your blessings. Whether they seem large or small, they all come from above! And there's nothing more wonderful than thinking about a Savior that loves you enough to take part in your everyday life!

4 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Happy Birthday! And, enjoy your lazy day - I hope it's a great one.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

4:45??!! Heavens to murgatroid, girl! That is way too early. Go ahead and sleep today!

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Heather! So thankful for all your joy today. Have fun sleeping in...and I don't think that's lazy at all (especially since you got up at 445am yesterday!!!) Have a blessed day off of work.

 
At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home