Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Comedy of Errors

Have you ever had one of those days where everything seemed to go wrong? If so, you understand how I felt yesterday. I'll just give you a brief rundown.
The program that I've been working on for months and months has a bug. This bug is a big one. In fact the programming guy said it was what his nightmares were made of, which means this bug means no fun for me. Pretty much it was showing that it had saved things when in reality it hadn't, and it didn't show up until we were ready to upload it to the partner software, which we tried to do yesterday. I honestly felt like crying, but all I could do was just laugh. After all, crying wasn't going to change the fact that I've got to redo the stuff.
So that was work, then I got home. I made some Oodles of Noodles, when I went to strain the water of of them, my hand slipped and the entire pot of noodles spilled into the sink. So I made a second pot. Everything went okay with that one except I burned myself when I drained the water. Oh, and while the second pot was still cooking my mom was like, "you need to wash that pot you used." I was still using it!!!
There were other things that happened that made me start looking up to see if something was about to fall on my head or something, but finally I realized that having a bad attitude about the day wouldn't change anything that had happened. The only thing that I could change was me. So that's what I decided to do.
See, even though I couldn't change the events of the day, one thing was certain. Yesterday was a day that God made. God was still in control even though everything I did seemed cursed.
Check out Psalm 118:24, "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. "
No matter what happens, God is in control. He allowed the sun to rise this morning. This is the day that the Lord has made. Yesterday was a day the Lord made.
So regardless of what today brings and in spite of the craziness of yesterday, I have reason to rejoice. I serve the Lord who makes the day. I serve the Lord who makes the night. The God of all creation holds me in His hands. I have no reason to fear!
So I leave you today with Philippians 4:4, "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice."

6 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Your positive attitude is such an inspiration. ALWAYS an inspiration.

I love to read your posts!

I'm still praying for you, and now I know to pray for your buggy program, too!

Kissies!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

YES!! YES!!!! YES!!!!

What an inspirational post!

Love the way I always leave her feeling like I take a pearl of wisdom with me throughout the remainder of my day.

Thanks!

Diane

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Sherri said...

good perspective!! ...and I hope you get your bug worked out:)

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

Ha.

Isn't it nice that God gives us a new beginning everyday, and that the days only last 24 hours?

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

cheap oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, burberry, longchamp, oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, nike air max, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, tiffany jewelry, prada outlet, nike free, replica watches, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, ugg boots, ugg boots, uggs on sale, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany and co, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors, louboutin outlet, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, jordan shoes, replica watches

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run uk, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, hollister, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry, mulberry, coach factory outlet, nike air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, lululemon, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, hogan, air jordan pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, louboutin pas cher, air max, hermes, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike free, coach outlet, timberland, north face, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac longchamp, converse pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air max

 

Post a Comment

<< Home