Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wednesday's Word

Well, Wednesday has come again, and it's time to focus on this week's word. The word for today is, "rest."

Actual meaning - Mental or emotional tranquillity

Meaning to me - The feeling of deep peace I receive once I hand something over to Jesus

If you've read my other blogs this week, you know that I'm the kind that likes to hold onto stuff. I try to fix things myself. I like to make elaborate plans. And I easily get stressed when things aren't going the way I thought they should. God constantly has to remind me that my life is in His hands. I don't have to worry.
And in those times when I finally let go and give everything to Him, I find such sweet rest. I have no reason to worry. I have no reason to fear. God is in control, and I can rest in the fact that He can handle anything.
Like I said, it's a hard lesson I've had to learn over and over. But many times in my life the Spirit has led me to this verse in the hard times of life:
Matthew 11:28, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
All you have to do is come to Him. He'll take all your burdens and give you rest!

1 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

I have been blessed and given rest from my burdens..... I love that hymn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home