1. Last night two little girls named Sidney and Destiny got saved in my youth class. (There's rejoicing in the presence of the angels over this one. Don't believe me? Check out this verse, Luke 15:10, "Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth." Last night there were two that repented, so a lot of rejoicing went on!!)
2. This bug seems to be fixed, and the recovery process is coming along nicely. Thanks for all the prayers about it!
3. Shalee sent me a sweet e-mail yesterday checking on me. She is such an encourager. (She lives Galatians 6:2, "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.")
4. I have Monday off of work, and I get to go to Carowinds. (Yes, this is a true reason to rejoice. I'm healthy enough to ride the roller coasters. I couldn't say that just a little over a year ago!!)
5. My Aunt Teri and Uncle Moose are celebrating 25 years together on Sunday. Another example to me of what a God-centered marriage is! (Go to Teri's site and offer your congrats!!)
6. My critiquing buddies Mike, Gina, Ane, and Janet are going to the ACFW conference, so I'm rejoicing for them. I went last year, and it was a true blessing!
7. My Bible study group (which includes Christy and Tracy) is meeting tonight! I love Bible Study night.
8. My brother's fiance Allison has a birthday on Sunday. We had a small party for her after church last night. She is such a great Christian girl. I'm glad that she's gonna be my sister!
9. If you go to Allison's site you'll hear the song, "He Knows My Name" by The McRaes. Jesus knowing my name is the greatest reason to rejoice!
10. I just got an e-mail that my tickets for Kingsfest have been printed. It should be a great three days of praising God and fellowshipping with the two Bible Study Buds (who just happen to be my cousins) that I mentioned above!
11. Isaiah 40:28 is the verse of the day today on Bible.com. It's an awesome verse. Check this out, "Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength." Our God is ever powerful! He'll never falter or fail. A major reason to rejoice!
12.GiBee shared part of her testimony yesterday in this MeMe that I made up, and it was such a blessing!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants