Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tuesday Toss Up - The One Where God Understands

If you haven't seen GiBee's post today, please go over and see it and let her know you are praying for this family. Her post made me think of a song, and I'm going to use that song as today's toss up. Let me know what you think of these words and if they bring you comfort! Come on, I want to hear your thoughts!

Tears Are a Language

Often you wonder why,
Tears come into your eyes,
And burdens seem to be much more than you can stand,
But God is standing near,
He sees your falling tears,
Tears are a language, God understands

He sees the tears of a broken hearted soul,
He sees your tears, and He hears them when they fall.
God weeps along with man,
And He takes him by the hand.
Tears are a language, God understands.

When grief has left you low,
It causes tears to flow.
And things have not turned out the way that you have planned,
But God won't forget you.
His promises are true.
Tears are a language God understands.

Okay people, let me see those comments! Have a great Tuesday!

**Updated to add: This song was recorded by "The Greenes" when Amy Lambert sang with them. I'm not sure who wrote the song. I've heard it all of my life. Hope this helps anyone looking for it!

8 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger the lizness said...

That is beautiful. Who wrote/recorded that song? I'd love to have it.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Gob Bless Justin and his family. How terrible to lose someone at such a young age.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Knowing God cares when you hurt and not only cares but understands, brings great comfort. Doesn't it say somewhere in Psalms that He collects our tears in a bottle? Not sure of that, didn't have time to look it up but I think I'll do that when I have a minute.

 
At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, so glad I uplifted you today :)! I don't know why, but last night I was just in the mood to type... it was all God just trying to work me through my thoughts. I really like the new site, so I might stick with it... not sure though b/c you have to actually PAY for it- lol so we'll see. But most likely, I'm keeping it :) and thanks for linking me! I'll have to add you on mine, I haven't got links on it yet it's still a work in progress... Have a fabulous day!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Beautiful words. God does understand our tears. Jesus was full of emotions and he wept. He wept for Lazarus and for Jerusalem (and I'm sure many other times). He understands our pain much more than we may think.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Thank you, Heath -- Tears are totally a language -- they are a way to cleanse ... to release emotion ... to share joy ... to grieve... etc. Each emotion is like a different dialect that Jesus understands!

Thanks for sharring this song!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I just finished a study in the book of Job. I relate

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Pam said...

What a beautiful song! Thanks for sharing. I love the verse Susanne was referencing as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home