Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 08, 2006

Finding God in the Little Things





Amydeanne over at The 160 Acre Woods offered up a challenge last Friday. We are to journal all month about finding God in the little things of life and then share our thoughts on each Friday of the month. I must say that thinking about this has made me more thankful this week.

This week's theme is Everyday Things. I know that Everyday Mommy does Everyday Tomatoes on Friday, so I guess this will be kind of like that, but these are things that I have done or used this week that make me very thankful!

The first thing I'm thankful for this week is my DVD player. I know that this might sound all materialistic or something, but it's really not. See, having a DVD player has given my brother and I some real quality time together this week before he moves away to college. We've been watching the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and laughing at our own little inside jokes about it. Great times.

Secondly, I'm thankful for lowering gas prices. I know we aren't supposed to complain, but I've had more than one ungrateful moment about the gas prices (there I said it, my conscience is now eased.) Anyway, around here they've been dropping (and I've heard it's a trend nationwide), plus I heard that gas would average around $2 by Thanksgiving. This will make visits to see my brother and visits from my brother more frequent because it won't be quite as expensive to drive back and forth! Yay!

Thirdly I'm thankful for keys, I know this is kind of random, but my brother drove off in my car last night from our church, and I rode with a friend. My brother had had my keys and his keys, and I was locked out of my house. So I'm thankful for that little key!

Which leads me to the fourth thing, I'm thankful for a friend's house down the road, so that I didn't have to sit in the dark and wait for my brother!

Which leads to the last thing, I'm thankful for a brother who didn't mind giving up some time with his fiance to come and give me a key so that I could go to bed, even though I was the dummy who handed him both sets of keys! (He's not really a thing, but I am really thankful for him, and I'm so proud that he is going off to seminary next week, but I'm sure gonna miss him, even if he does forget to take out the garbage!!)

Those are my things for the week, there have been many other things, but these are the ones I'll share! More to come next Friday!

6 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

What a great idea! Today--I am so thankful for DSL hook-up! The technician JUST left our house (after waiting years to qualify for DSL) and we are now part of the 21st century! We have high-speed-wireless internet connection. AND.....a perk...we now have our laptops networked to my PC. Amazing! I am now sitting in my kitchen, roaming the internet...and can access the files in my PC downstairs in the den! How did I ever live without this!!!!!

I am so thankful.....and THRILLED!

Diane

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Some sweet things to thankful for. I'd be proud if I had a brother heading for seminary too. He sounds like a great guy.

And doesn't the bottom of your stomach just fall when you realize you're locked out of your own house? I've never done that but I locked myself and my two daughters out of our car one summer on a 900 mile road trip. Just me and the girls in the middle of nowhere. Very scary. And very expensive. I should have been a locksmith!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Amydeanne said...

Great post! I'm glad you're doing this with me. I've done the key thing before.. actually dh took his keys and mine yesterday and I was stranded at home lol... I'm thankful for there was worse places I could have been stranded lol.
Have a fantastic weekend!

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those are wonderful things to be thankful for( although your brother is not a thing, but he does great 'things' for you)...
I guess that is why I like Thankful Thursdays (although is is not as huge as T13). It makes me think about the 'little things' of life that I am thankful for...

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'm thankful for DVD players too. My kids can always watch the kind of shows I and their father choose, and they are a set time.

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

You're always pointing to Jesus, Heather! I love that. I'm thankful that I don't have to work so I can stay home and write and home school my children. Hmmm... that's not a LITTLE thing:) I'm thankful that we have things for our school, like books and paper and crayons. Not everyone has those things. God bless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home