Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Soft Answer

I don't know how many of you are required to take safety courses at your place of employment. Unfortunately I am. I'm in the same building as a machine shop, a sewing plant, and a laundry facility. So the entire building is required to take safety courses.
I mean I guess it doesn't hurt anything. It's just that I've seen the same videos like 20 times since I've worked here. But the one we watched this month came to mind when I read this verse today.
Proverbs 15:1, "A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."
See, this month's safety meeting was on "Workplace Violence," which is basically a meeting where they tell us not to let any unauthorized people into the building and how to keep a violent person calm.
They tell us to keep our voice low and soothing, and to keep our hands at a low, non-threatening level. Basically, they're telling us what God said in His Word several thousand years ago.
So whether they know it or not, they're teaching something Biblical here at work. What do you think of that in this politically correct world?

4 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

It is amazing how many things were first taught in the Bible, but the world refuses to see that. And I oh, so need to work on this scripture more. I think I need to tatoo it to my forehead so I'm reminded of it everytime I look in the mirror!

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we need more lots more Biblical teaching in the work force, schools, everywhere. It's so easy to get caught up in the world so if there was more teachings in the world instead of taking it out I think it would change the way we think, our hearts and our world. Just my opinion.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

That is cool. I think about how the world doesn't like to even admit that there is a standard of good and evil, yet people have no problem recognizing the shootings in that Amish school as EVIL or the Amish responses of love and forgiveness as GOOD.

Yeah, I need to use that "soft answer" thing more on my husband:)

Have a safe day:)

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Amydeanne said...

hehe, that's how to sooth a temper tantrum baby too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home