Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 09, 2007

For His Own Purposes

II Timothy 1:9:
"Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,"

Have you ever thought about how totally awesome it is that a holy God chose to save us. I mean, we were just one of His many creations. And He could've created something else that would obey Him. But HE LOVED us. He didn't want to just let us go. So He sent His Son to die on the cross to save us from our sins.
But He didn't stop there. He has given each of us a calling. A holy calling to do His work in this world. He didn't just save us from death, He gave us a purpose. A reason to live.
May I ever live my life to fulfill His purpose in my life. After all, I wouldn't have true life if it weren't for Him!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to post much next week! I'll be in Kansas City to meet this lady ummm...I mean to work! Hopefully I'll get some blogging time in, but if not then I'll tell you all about my time in Kansas City when I return!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

You will have so much fun meeting Shalee. Can you give her a big hug for me?

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

Yes, it's amazing to think that the things I write, this passion for words I have, is part of a God-given purpose. Wow. Have a fun and safe trip!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Margie said...

great post!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

I love looking at life through your God-visioned eyes, Heather. You've such a love for all things of him.

I can't wait for next week!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Amydeanne said...

have a great time! KC is fun! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home