Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen of My Favorite Bible Characters (other than Jesus!)
It's been a while since I participated in the Thursday Thirteen on this blog, but I'm kind of short on time today, so I figured I'd share some of my favorite characters with you and why they are my favorites.
1. Jonathan - he was a friend to David in spite of the fact that David would take his throne.
2. David - he spared Saul's life though Saul had tried to kill him.
3. Ruth - she stayed with Naomi even though it meant leaving her people and her homeland behind
4. Joshua and Caleb - I know, this is technically two people, but I like them for the same reason. They believed that God would deliver the land into the hands of the Israelites despite the fact that the enemy was bigger than them. They didn't let the fear of the other spies change their opinion.
5. Solomon - he desired wisdom above any earthly posession.
6. Esther - she saved her people from the hands of an evil man who wanted to kill them
7. John the Baptist - he had a total respect for Christ. He felt unworthy to even unlatch his shoes.
8. Simeon - he trusted God and was able to live until he saw the promise of the Savior's birth fulfilled
9. Peter - he was used greatly of God in spite of mistakes he made
10. John the Apostle - he was called up to the third heaven and allowed to write the Revelation, how awesome would that be?
11. Mary (Lazarus' sister)- for reasons I've already spoke about this week (see Tuesday's post!)
12. The woman at the well - she was saved and immediately shared her faith with the whole city
13. Paul - he went from being one who killed Christians to one who died for Christ.

7 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

That is a very unique list. I have not seen a TT like it.

My TT has movie trivia. See if you can get all 13!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Great idea - great list. I would have to add Joseph - the redeeming power of God shown in his life.

I know you have read my son's and my story about his deliverance from drug addiction. We finally have Chapter 4 posted, if you're interested.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Great list of characters. We could do well to learn from all their lives.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

Yes, great list. Maybe I'll do one for myself. I like Abigail too, and some of the more sinful characters I can really relate too.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

Good choices. I love the crumb lady, too.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Great choices ... one of my personal favs is Hannah -- I really connect with her! Except, she was by far much more courageous than I ever could be!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger staceyhoff said...

Been popping in from time to time and just want to *come out of hiding*let you know that I really like your blog:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home