Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Firm Foundation

Okay, so I know I said I'd be back to normal posting on Tuesday, but this has been an insane week. My boss and coworker have been out of town. I'm their backup for things here as well as their technical support for any issues they have down there, so I've been on the phone more this week than I ever care to be.
But this morning, I saw this picture, and thoughts began racing through my mind, and I just had to share.




I've always been taught how important a firm foundation is. And I don't know about you, but a seemingly endless space of nothing but air is definitely not my idea of a firm foundation. It's my idea of a death wish actually.
I found this passage from I Timothy 6:18-21 about laying a firm foundation, and I thought I'd share it with you:


18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.


Building a firm foundation has two very important steps. One, making sure you have good building material. Two, making sure to avoid the things that will ruin your foundation. See, you can have a great foundation, but allowing yourself to be deceived opens your foundation up to destruction.
I don't know about you, but I want to make sure that my foundation stays strong. I want to be fully grounded in Christ so that I can teach my little Alaena how important a strong foundation is. Just like my parents taught me!

1 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Amydeanne said...

that picture is amazing! is it real? or did someone mock it up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home