Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Home Again, Home Again

Have you ever gotten that anxious feeling on the last day of vacation. I mean the trip has been great, but all you really want to do is go home. You want your own bed, your own sheets, your own couch, your own normal schedule. There's just something about going home.
I felt this way last Friday. I was in Mexico again for work last week. It was a great trip. I learned a lot and accomplished a lot. But by Friday the only thing I wanted to do was hop on the plane and get to Greensboro. I wanted to see my mom and my dad. My sister, my niece, and my nephew.
But thinking about how much I miss my earthly home when I'm away makes me think of how much I really miss my heavenly home. No, I've never seen it, but I know it's prepared for me. I know that this earth is not where I'll be eternally.
And just like there were people anxious to see me arrive here on Friday, there is a Savior who is anxious to see me there in heaven. He's prepared a place for me, and He made it possible for me to go there!
With all the things happening around me in this world, I long more and more for heaven everyday. From depressing news of shootings and wars to my own daily failures.
I'm just glad that someday (hopefully very soon) I'll be home for eternity! Are you going there too?

2 Comments:

At 4:30 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Because of HIM, I am going too! I can't wait to find you!

Oh--that sounded a little "stalkerish"...what I meant to say....what a great day it will be! Can't wait to meet you!

Do you think we'll have a bloggers gate where we all can meet up at???

:) Diane

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

I've already bought my ticket and it's not a round-trip one either!

And Diane, you should meet Heather when you can, but I hope it's also on this side of heaven too.

Glad you had a good trip, but yeah, it's great to think about being home...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home