Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 09, 2007

A Little Thought and a Prayer Request

I know, I know, I'm getting really slack about keeping my blog updated. Things around here have been a bit hectic! And they will continue on that way through the summer, but I haven't forgotten you blogging buddies! Have no fear of that!!
I have a conference call in exactly 29 minutes, so today I'm just going to share a little thought!

Hebrews 1:3, "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:"

This verse is so awesome. I mean especially since we just celebrated Easter where we focused on Christ's death and ressurrection. After all that He did, He sat down at the right hand of His Father. Why could He sit down? Because His work was completed. As He said on the cross, it was finished. The price for our sins was paid. There will never need to be another sacrafice to cover our sins!
The rest is up to us. We must trust in the sacrafice He made. We must be willing to ask for His blood to cover our sins. He paid the price, but we must accept it!
Honestly, I don't know why anyone would reject it. It's a free gift offered to all. However so many reject Christ everyday. If not with their words, with their actions.
I know someone right now who is doing this very thing. He says he has a great relationship with God, that he reads his Bible everyday. Yet the world has such a strong hold on his life. And that stronghold is drugs. Pills of all kinds. His mom called me last night, and I felt such pain for her because she is literally at the end of herself. And she knows that the only ONE who can change him is God. Because he is unwilling to see that he has a problem.
So if all you blogging prayer warriors would be willing, I ask that you would lift this man up in your prayers. Pray for his parents as they seek wisdom. And pray most of all that he would realize that a relationship with God is so much more than reading a few verses everyday, that it is allowing the living Word of God to radically change your life!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

I already pray for two other young men who are in this same kind of bondage. It seems neverending. I'll pray for your friend.

Why do people reject Christ? We want to be God. It's the relinquishing control thing, which comes of not trusting God to be a loving God whho wants the best for us and who can fulfill us more thatn any other thing.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Amydeanne said...

I'll be praying!
and hey, don't feel bad about updates, mine are very sporatic these days as well!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

Father, Your word tells us that it is not by might, nor by power, but by Your Spirit...I pray that Your Spirit be evident all around this young man. That in all of his comings and goings, believers are there to testify in genuine love and faith of You. I pray that he not be able to sleep at night because of Your presence in His life, convicting and wooing Him into a relationship with You. I pray peace for his mother. Assure her mind that You are on him and You will pursue him to the ends of the earth and back. Calm her anxious mind and heart, and restore her joy. Fill her heart with gladnes and her days with singing Your praises. Pour out an unexpected blessing on her today, one that makes her laugh and lift her eyes to the heavens in gratitude. Chase him down, Lord. In Jesus' name, amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home