Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

In Other Words



“At the heart of the story stands the cross of Christ where evil did its worst and met its match.”
~ John Wenham ~
This quote really hits me this week. It seems that every way I turn, I'm learning something about identifying with the sufferings of Christ. Just yesterday I posted this verse from Philippians 3:10:
"10That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;"
This past Friday night I was at Bible study. One of my objectives in going was actually to stay awake because I had just flown in from Mexico, and I knew that if I went home I would just crash. But I wanted to try to get back on my normal schedule. So I went to Bible study for that reason.
God however had a different reason for me to go. He had something that He wanted me to hear. Something He needed to get through my thick skull. Something that Paul wrote about many years ago.
In this verse Paul talks about walking in the fellowship of Christ's sufferings. Now to fellowship with someone means to take an ACTIVE part in whatever they are doing. If we are to fellowship in Christ's sufferings, it means that we WILL suffer. Evil will try to throw its worst at us, just like it threw its worst at Christ. The thing is that we KNOW we already have the victory.
Because, as Paul stated in the beginning of this verse, we KNOW the power of Christ's resurrection. No matter what evil tries to throw at us, we have already won. Christ DEFEATED evil when He rose from the grave. And through His victory, He gave us power to overcome it as well.
So if you are in a time of suffering, don't give up. You HAVE the victory. Just hold on to Christ, and He will see you through!
Thanks, Iris for hosting this today and for making me think about this wonderful quote!

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Loved your comments and I am impressed by your going to bible study after a flight! In a day of one excuse after another, it is always a blessing to see someone push ahead in keeping the main things the main things...

Great to meet you!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Oh amen!!!! Beautiful thoughts. Hope you are overcoming your jet lag =))

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Really lovely thoughts, enjoyed reading them.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, Heather. Sometimes life throws us into a tailspin, but we know that we have victory in Christ.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this week's quote.

Blessings to your Holy week and always.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

I loved reading your take on this quote, Heather.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Linda said...

What encouraging words. We all face those times. It is Jesus who makes the difference. His victory is ours - if we just hang on and trust Him.
You did a great job with this.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

This is really great... I needed to read it. :)

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I haven't been to your blog for a while, but I noticed you in the blogosphere today, so I thought I'd better pop in.

Great post, I love the timeliness of this topic.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Sista Cala said...

Not only are we in fellowship with His suffering we are in fellowship with His RESURRECTION POWER! It is w/that power we can sustain the sufferings.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Bernadine said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love you take on this quote.
God bless

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

Welcome back! Terrific thoughts. We have so much to celebrate.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

pthbfgnPreach on, sistah!

Isn't there a song that has, "I've got the victory in me" in it???

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Oops -- I got part of my word verification in on that comment -- sorry!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

And suffering changes us - the best end result. Not pretty, not fun, but good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home