Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Say a Little Prayer

Hey everybody! I just wanted to ask you all to pray for my grandpa, Lloyd Smith. He went to the hospital last night for chest pains. It doesn't look like he has had a heart attack, but he will be having a lot of tests throughout the day today. I know that I can depend on all of you to pray!

Now, you aren't going to believe this. Well, you probably will because you all serve the same totally awesome God that I do. But when I went to Bible Gateway to check out today's verse, I got just what I needed. And what was that you might ask? Well, this little reminder found in Romans 12:12:

"Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;"

This verse is a part of a list of things that Paul reminds us to do in Romans 12. But this verse is just what I needed to hear this morning. I needed to remember that I can rejoice. Because as I talked about last week we do have hope. Eternal hope that can't be taken away.
And I totally don't think it was a mistake that Paul mentioned hope BEFORE he mentioned tribulation. He wanted to remind Christians that we have hope even when tribulations arise. So we can be patient in tribulation because we know that WHATEVER the outcome, we can rest in that hope.
And the last part is so awesome. I mean think about it. We can go to God anytime. And not only that, He WANTS us to come to Him. Continually. So on this day when my family is facing a bit of a storm, God blessed me and gave me just what I needed. And I'm going to hold tight to it throughout the day.
I pray that someone else might be blessed by it as well! Thanks again for the prayers!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl your post are always a blessing! You are such a joy!

Will keep grandpa in my prayers! Take care my friend :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home