Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

An Important Thought In A Moment Of Clarity

I know that I haven't been as faithful to posting lately as I have been in the past. And right now I can't even blame this on the fact that I've been busy. Actually, in preperation for my maternity leave I've handed most of my work off to someone who is training for my job, and my boss is using me for special projects. So basically, I'm bored.
But despite the fact that I have tons of time to blog, this doesn't help the fact that my mind seems to be completely devoid of original thoughts. I fear I'm suffering from what my sister calls baby brain. I mean sure, I could have posted about the new shape of Trix cereal and how I wonder if it really is better now that it's shaped like a circle instead of the cute little fruit shapes. (Trix is now a favorite cereal of mine, and before you tell me about the sugar it contains, let me just remind you that it's a great source of whole grain AND calcium. Two things I need right now!) Anyway, I didn't think you'd be interested in the Trix shape debate.
Or I could have posted about the fact that 3 year olds seem to be mortally afraid of blowing their noses, despite the fact that they can't possibly be able to breathe because they are so stopped up, or the fact that the same 3 year olds don't seem to like breathing through their mouths because they just might not remember to breathe if they breathe through their mouths. Or this could just be my 3 year old niece, who knows.
Then I thought about how some people get so into the Christmas season that they put antlers and a red nose on their Jeep and lead the way for all the other cars going down the highway. I mean I've been having some very serious, thought provoking things flying through my mind lately.
But then I actually saw something yesterday that made me think, and miracle of all miracles I still remember it this morning. So in honor of this moment of clarity and memory, I will share this thought with you!
Actually, it was a thought brought on when I saw an article titled, "Ice storms bring power outages, deaths." Now, I didn't have a chance to read the article, but the title struck me. I mean doesn't that order seem to be a little off. When exactly did the loss of a modern convenience take precedence over the loss of human life?
Now I'm sure that this writer had no intention to make light about the people who had died in the ice storm, but the title just made me think about how little the death of others affects us now-a-days.
I mean, TV subjects us to death every single day. And most of the time it isn't just the kind of death where someone passed in their sleep. It's usually death caused by a violent murderer, or a terrible car crash, or a house fire.
And after a while, it becomes just another death. Which is how I believe Satan wants us to react. Because if we become immune to the fact that people are dying all around us, then we forget the urgent need to share Christ with those dying souls.
And that's an urgent need we can't afford to forget. Because many of those dying souls won't go to heaven, and some may never even know they had the chance if we don't take the opportunity to share with them while we have it.
So I think God gave me this moment of clarity to remind me how important it is to be on the lookout for those souls, and maybe, just maybe He wanted me to remind you too!

3 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heather that was a great post and thank you for reminding us that it's not just another death. We should share Jesus to all...and all the time!

Love ya
Dawn
www.simplydawnmarie.com

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

Hi Heather. You go ahead and enjoy your Trix guilt-free.

Yes, it's scary how now school shootings are now also commonplace, eliciting a little less shock with each reported instance. Then the Colorado shootings. Is anywhere safe? Not really. But our lives are in HIs hands. You are right. We need to do what we are supposed to be doing. People are lost and time is short.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

I liked your post. You summed up the importance of life and interaction beautifully.

I've been thinking a lot about death since I live just miles from the Von Maur shooting.

I also spend way too much time thinking random and ridiculous thoughts. But the difference is -- I don't have baby on my mind and I blog about nutty things.

I'll have to look into the whole Trix shape thang. Hmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home