Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 21, 2008

Between Sundays

This past Saturday I had the opportunity to go to a luncheon where Karen Kingsbury was speaking. If you have never read one of her books, I suggest getting in your car and going to the bookstore or library NOW to get one and start reading it. Because her writing is POWERFUL. Her writing is truly blessed by God. (My beginning reading suggestion would be The Redemption Series.)
Anyway, I was not a bit disappointed in the event. Karen's speaking was just as annointed as her writing, and I came away challenged to live my life in a way that will make a difference in those I meet. One of the most powerful things she said was in reference to her new book Between Sundays. She was talking about what the book really meant to her. Now, I haven't read this one for myself yet. I have it, but Karen's writing tends to make me cry a lot. Because she just has a way of making her characters so real to her readers that you just feel like they are a part of your life. And due to pregnancy hormones, I'm a BIT emotional right now. Just a bit. I mean, I haven't cried over being skipped in a Phase 10 game or anything. Really, I haven't.
But just as soon as I feel I'm emotionally stable enough, this book is at the top of my list to read. Especially now that I've heard her reasoning behind it. See, she was talking about how important the moments between Sundays really are. I mean it's great to go to church, but if you forget about God during the rest of the week, what message are you putting out there. As I've often heard preachers say, you can't go to church on Sunday and live like the world on Monday.
Christianity is much more than that. Christianity is a DAILY walk that extends well past the church pew. Differences are made in lives around us in the way that we live our lives between Sundays. None of us are perfect, but others should see us striving to live for Christ. They should see that we realize when we are wrong and that with Christ's help we daily try to overcome those areas of temptation.
So my question to you today is how are you living between Sundays? If you were put on trial, would there be enough evidence to convict you of being a Christian? Let's all strive to make those days between Sundays days that will impact our world for Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home