Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sometimes God's Answers Aren't What We Expected

There have been many times in my life where I've prayed, and God answered my prayer in just the way I've expected. But there are other times where His answers came in ways that I just had to trust Him and know that He was in control. I got an answer like that yesterday.
I won't go into all the details, but let's just suffice it to say that I've been in a battle about Alaena's father. A battle with myself, a battle with those around me, a battle with God, and a battle with her father himself. I've requested prayer on here for him before. And I have honestly prayed that God would reach down and just change his heart. I mean totally make him do a 180.
And I believe that God heard those prayers, and I believe that He gave him a choice. A crossroads if you will. The problem is that when I prayed for direction regarding what I was supposed to do where that area of my life was concerned, I always envisioned a miraculous change in the guy. A Paul kind of conversion you know, where God pretty much came down from heaven, slapped the boy in the head and said, "CHANGE!"
And honestly, I believe that God has been trying to do that. But there are times where people's hearts are just very hard, and no matter how many slaps on the head they receive, they just don't recognize them for what they are.
So yesterday, I received a call from her father, and he told me that he just can't find the strength to change, and pretty much to never mention him to Alaena. And it hurt. It hurt because I think of my little girl who may never know her father. But in the midst of the pain, I had a peace that could only come from God, and I knew that He had provided my answer about what to do where her father was concerned.
So, right now I'm standing in the midst of peaceful chaos. I'm at a place where I don't know exactly what will happen next, but I just know God is in control, and I don't have to worry about it. I do ask that you will continue to pray for her father, because he truly needs Jesus. He's made many professions in the past, but basically yesterday he said he truly didn't know what this whole God thing was about, and maybe God's plan for him was just to always mess up. Satan truly does have him confused.
But God has allowed me to see that for what it is, and I know that I can't allow Satan's confusing games to run my life. So for now at least, Alaena won't know her father. And since I'm a daddy's little girl, the thought of it breaks my heart just a bit. But God is a father to fatherless, and I just know that He will provide her all the love that she is missing from her daddy.
Please keep the two of us in your prayers. And if you are going through a crazy situation, realize that even when things seem totally insane, God is in control, and He will give peace in the midst of the craziest storm.

6 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you little sis. God will be with Alaena, you, and all of this during this time. Alway know that God has this situation in his hand. This baby will not lack for love. Maybe a different kind, but none the less, will be loved to pieces. I love you!! Keep your head up and trust in the Lord, because as you have stated God if the Father to the fatherless!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Praying for you Heather. I can imagine how hard it was to hear that. But God is in control and will work things for good for those who love Him. And your little darling girl will not be lacking any love as I know you and your family will be showering her with it.

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, I know you have struggled with this decision, because you are a very loving person and wanted to give the Dad every chance to be a Dad to this precious gift God is blessing you with. But sometimes "tough love" is the best. You are loved so much by your family and church and Alaena is loved. I already love her and have not even laid eyes on her yet, but I do know I will love her and I am here for you 100%. I can hear a song in what your post said" In the midst of the storm,I found his peace".

Just might be one God will give you to write.

Teri Moss

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Oh, Heather ... I know how hard that must have been to hear.

I must say, though ... that there are so many women in our church that are really suffering because their husbands are not saved ... in fact, some are far, FAR away from God. It is painful, and in some instances, makes their daily life very difficult.

Just be patient and wait on the Lord. He will be your husband and He will be the father to your little girl! And she will have a lot of good male role models in her life through your dad, brother and brother in law!

And then ... there's always the guy that gives orthopedic socks as gifts! Just teasing...

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

That's really tough, Heather.

But, God is the cracker of hard hearts.

My hubby believed, but confusion and lies ruled most of our early years together.

If you will keep growing in faith, loving your baby and praying for her father,and trusting God, you are going to see miracles. He does amazing miracles. I interact with several every day.

 
At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know more of what you are going through than you can imagine. You know, sometimes God has something better in store, even if we can't imagine it. And I know God's heart breaks too, but she does have a father.. she's the daughter of the KING! Remember that. He has adopted her and she belongs to him. Hugs and prayers my friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home