Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Those Twenty-One Steps I Will Be Climbing

Well my friends, come Sunday I will be 37 weeks along. Meaning I'll be FULL TERM. As in, Alaena can come ANYTIME, and it would be all good. And let me just say that as much as I love my daughter, I'm very ready to have her in my arms rather than in my belly.
I know, I know. There are those of you out there saying enjoy this time. But your cries are falling on deaf ears. Ears attached to a very sleepy body. My nights are pretty much filled with heartburn, throwing up, an hour of sleep, repeat cycle. And I have no delusions about the fact that she will be a perfect child who sleeps through the night as soon as she comes home from the hospital. It's just nice to think of a time where I will be ABLE to sleep when I get the chance to lay down.
Anyway, I didn't mean to turn this into a whiny post. It's actually an "I'm excited" post. Because I'm coming to the end of the waiting. I'm going to get to see my little girl. To hold her in my arms. To smell that baby smell. I can hardly wait.
So yes, I will be making a few extra trips up and down the twenty-one stairs (they've closed off the forty stair entrance) here at work for good measure beginning on Monday. They say extra walking could mean an easier labor. So I figure if it helps my goals of an EARLIER labor, what harm can it do?
And I know she could still keep me waiting for a good while, but it helps me to think I might be doing something to help progress. So walk I will.
I have a feeling God is going to be reminding me to wait patiently on Him many times in the coming weeks. And I know His timing is perfect. But I also know He has promised rest to His children. And I'm trusting in that promise!!!
Hope you guys have a great day!

3 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

Ahhh, you say that now, but girl, you won't know sleepy until that girl is here! I took a VERY bumpy ride to Omaha (bad roads) and the next day I started the contractions... I'm just saying.

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh girl it seems like yesterday you told me you were pregnant... and now it's time. I just can't wait to see pictures of her beautiful little face :) I'll be thinking about you! Much love and happiness girl!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Drink lots of raspberry leaf tea. I can sense the excitement in your words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home