Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Pepto Bismol Train Has Arrived

Okay, don't worry, this post is in no way related to stomach issues. Let's just say that I had my first official shower yesterday, and now my house, well it's overflowing with all sorts of pink cuteness. Shades of "blush and bashful" are everywhere.
There was a time in my life that I hated all things pink. Not really sure why, but fortunately God has given me back a love for the color in the last few years (epecially when joined with the color chocolate brown). And that is a good thing, because when you have a little girl on the way, pink becomes the color of your life.
Now, I must admit, I was a bit worried before my shower because in the necessities of babyhood, I was a poor woman. I had pretty much jip. Honestly, I had little more than 3 diapers and a bassinet up until last Saturday. So my needs, they were many. And I prayed that God would provide because honestly, I didn't really have 4 or 5 thousand dollars just laying around to go buy everything on my registry myself.
And God answered prayer in a big way. I now have bottles, and bottle cleaners, and diapers, and bibs and blankets, and outfits (oh, the cuteness of the outfits), and Johnson's baby wash (gotta love that Johnson's baby smell!), and a swing, and a Sweet Peace, and a bouncer, and diaper bags (yes, I said multiple bags, including this adorable bag), and the list goes on and on. And plus I have another shower on Sunday. That list of benefits I was talking about yesterday, lets just say it's been added to. And I had already listed the great friends I have on there, but they now have tons of extra checks by their names because their generosity just amazes me!
I guess what I'm saying is that sometimes we don't need to be afraid to ask God for things. Part of my stress last Saturday was about how much having a little one will cost, and I offered up a feeble prayer to God asking for His help. And as I said, God gave me peace through His Word. And yesterday, He gave me peace through some of His people. People with generous hearts (and great taste I must say!)
So if you're stressing over something today, turn it over to God. Even if you think it is something that only matters to you. Sometimes we have not because we ask not (James 4:2). God does care about the things that are stressing us. He even cares about bibs, booties, and blankets. And He supplies them too, yes, He does!

3 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't that wonderful! it's amazing how things go! You're almost done! Yipeeeeeeeeee!

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know He will always provide :) so glad you had a wonderful shower and i that you're getting into the "pink" of things ^_^ Don't worry Heather...you're going to do amazing with this blessing you're about to have...and gosh I can't believe she will be here soon!!!

hugs!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

How nice of your friends to gather around and bless you like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home