Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Biking for a Baby

Hello all my blogging buddies. Welcome to day 3 of 8 minute apart contractions that are progessing things apparently, just VERY slowly. I'm slowly reaching the point of desperation due to the fact that I can not sleep or sit comfortably or walk comfortably. Yeah, pretty much comfort is a cherished memory.
So yesterday I walked around Walmart for a few hours before my Dr's appointment, and I was asked by pretty much every Walmart worker if I needed help finding anything. Those Walmart workers are helpful, I tell ya. None seemed to have a way to make contractions closer together, however.
So after the Dr told me that things are coming along slowly, I tried to think of ways to speed up the process. I've been given suggestions from Castor Oil to biking. Since I've heard horror stories about Castor Oil, I went with the biking. My grandpa threatened to video tape me, but I can promise you there will no videos of this pregnant woman riding a bike floating around the internet.
So starting yesterday afternoon, I began a biking marathon on the stationary bike. It has been put on hold until I get home tonight, but I plan to keep up the mobility through walking during the day today. Now, I know there are many good causes out there that do bike-a-thons. I have a friend who helps to head up a bike-a-thone for Relay for Life. Well, I think my cause is definitely worthy, though it may not affect the masses. So if you feel, you know, led of the Lord to send a donation, do what you must (LOL!)
In all seriousness though, please pray for my sanity level. Pain definitely drives you to levels of craziness. Yesterday I put my huge, pregnant self on a bike for hours (yes, I took breaks and didn't get too winded!) But I'm slowly beginning to hear the Castor Oil calling my name, luring me with its promise of driving me into hard labor. If only the battery on our four wheeler wasn't dead....

5 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

Praying that that sweet girl will make her appearance soon and that you'll be more ready than I ever was!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger staceyhoff said...

hi heather! I haven't checked in on you foe that long that your only 10 days away??? Wow! You will be in my prayers tonight. You must be so excited! Can't wait to see what perfect time God chooses for your baby and you! God bless you, friend ;)

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol.. too funny.. i know i've tried them all.. my babies always got excited when when I ate spicey foods.. i mean go for the hot food.. that gets them active... I've heard fresh pinapple was good for getting the contractions going... but all in all those little stinkers come when they want to! you could be like me, I was 2 weeks late with #1 and I was on bedrest from week 20 b/c of the contractions!!! so I feel for ya!

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok girl i hope that by now that beautiful baby is in your arms :) Can't wait to hear from you with wonderful news! Thinking about you girl!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Can't wait to see that little girl....

All three of my pregnancies were premature births (well, not exactly--the Dr.'s gave me medication with the last birth so I went to 40 weeks instead of 30 and 33).....so I don't have any experiential advise...other than...it will happen. I'm not sure you should be on that bike...however! As one of your blogging mom's....my vote...is "Get off that bike before you hurt yourself!" :)

This is an exciting time for you....you have waited so long...and you are about to hold that precious little girl. She's been in your heart, now she will be in your arms.....and of course, your heart forever!

Please post those pictures ASAP!

Praying for you both!

Diane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home