Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A January Baby Just May Be In My Future

Well, I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon. And I made myself go in with no high hopes because I just knew he was going to say that she would be waiting around for another couple of months (or you know 3 or 4 weeks.) However, he gave me hope.
He said she has dropped really low, which I had thought anyway, but you know I've never been pregnant before, plus I didn't want to believe it only to have him say that she was still really high when I went to see him. Now, there's no dilation yet, and he THINKS I'll make it to next Monday's appointment, but he's pretty sure this little girl won't make it until February 10th. Though he did caution that some babies are just stubborn and after they drop they just sit there and sit there.
So, it isn't a sure promise, but I at least see a glimmer of that light at the end of the tunnel. So those steps I was talking about last week, you better believe I'll be going up and down them, and up and down them. Because we need to get this baby train a rolling!
And in order for her to have her "own day" she needs to be born tomorrow, Saturday or Sunday in the next week. And I've been given strict orders that she can't come Saturday because my niece's birthday party is Saturday, and her mommy (who happens to be one of my coaches) is for some reason expected to attend. She also wants her aunt Heather and her Grammy (my other coach) there. Of course, she really wants "Baby 'Laena" to be there too, but I'm pretty sure we're to close to the time for that now.
Anyway, I just wanted to give you guys an update. I'm going to be trying to teach my sister the blogging basics so that if anything happens, she can update you. I'll try to let you know about the birth of my little girl as soon as I can!

3 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

can't wait to hear of her arrival!

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh the bowling ball stage... gotta love it! I'm cheerin you on! not too early though b/c that's not good either!!! enjoy the last few weeks of freedom my friend! Your life will never be the same!

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Waiting for the news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home