Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Don't Get Robbed

Well, I'm going to admit to it, I am an American Idol fan. It's my one true reality TV weakness. I guess because I sing, it's fun to see how the show progresses. Anyway, I've faithfully watched season 7 to see how things would go, and last night I watched the finale.
I didn't watch it live, however. I watched it on DVR. You know, that nifty little gadget that records all your shows when you can't be there to watch it at the normal time. Well, I had church last night so I DVR'd the finale. And I watched it all after church, every little cheesy song and dance number. Every joke. Everything except for the last minute of the show.
See, apparently American Idol must have gone over its time slot. DVR however is not all knowing, and it stopped recording exactly at 10 pm which is when it was supposed to have ended. So I saw the show until the point where Ryan Seacrest said, "And the winner of American Idol Season 7 is...." And then there was nothing.
The one minute in the whole season that is most important, and DVR missed it. Of course I now know that David Cook won, and really I liked them both so it didn't matter as much, but still, I love to watch the looks on the faces and all that.
Anyway, I got to thinking about it, and I wonder how many times in life we cut ourselves just short of the best part. We get right to the point of victory, and we crumble in defeat. We allow Satan to pull us away from where we should be, right when the battle is almost won.
I guess what I'm saying is don't let Satan rob you. There is too much out there for you. There are so many victories to be won, and you never know just how close you are to your triumph. So stay in the fight, don't give up!
Be blessed today!

2 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

What an encouragement! It was a real pleasaure and blessing to read your post. God bless!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

I love how you do this. Take an everyday occurence and make a spiritual lesson out of it.

I have the Canadian version, PVR, and there is a way to extend the set recordings. I have mine set to start 3 minutes before a show and to keep recording 3 minutes after. Check your manual, maybe you can do that too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home