Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 07, 2008

Some New Pictures, and an Actual (Somewhat) Thought Out Post
















Okay, okay, I know. I need to get back to a normal schedule of posting. So I'm seeing this as a new week, a new beginning to the world of blogging if you will. So many things have been going on lately, and the thought will come to my mind, I really need to blog about that, and then things get hectic, and I never do. But as of today, I am resolving to post regularly about the stuff that comes to mind.
One thing that hit me a while back when my church had revival is what I want to post about today. The preacher said something that really hit me. He said, "It's time for us to stop worrying about being on the 'Whose Who' and start learning 'What's what'". The thought really made me think about not only my life, but Alaena's.
I mean, I'm new at this parenting thing, but I already hear myself planning. Wanting her to have a good future, to have a good education, to be happy in life. And there isn't anything wrong with those things, but they can't be my main priority. See, my goal as a parent isn't to make Alaena into some great public figure. My goal is to teach her about Christ. That's "What's what."
In light of eternity, it will never matter if Alaena is a great singer, or an amazing athlete, or a total genius. It will only matter that she knows Christ. That is a lesson I've been taught my entire life, and it's a lesson that I will strive daily to pass on to my daughter.
How about you? Are you focused on Whose Who or What's What?

4 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Amen. I remember when each of my children became Christians, and when my last one did...I felt that no matter what happens now...everything will be ok.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

What a beautiful little girl! If we could just keep that forefront in our minds, what is it in the light of eternity, we would all have our priorities in the right place. Thanks for this reminder Heather. I think you're going to be a great mom!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

She is so tiny and sweet! Thanks for sharing the pictures! As a new mom... you get cart blanch to post whenever you want or CAN!

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O' yes, the sugar and spice of youth. I see beauty beyond my comprehension on our horizon miss Heather.

Our Lord has many more things to teach us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home