Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Just Bread

I heard a message yesterday by Oliver Greene, and he was talking about the Scripture in John 6:35 where Jesus said, "I AM the Bread of Life." Now, I've heard this verse probably a million times in my life, but it hit me yesterday in a different way, because God is just awesome that way and gives you what you need just when you need it.
As I listened to the message I began to think about my niece. She's in that stage of life where she is pretty picky about eating. Sometimes she'll eat, other times she won't. A lot of times when we go to restraunts and my sister asks her what she wants she'll reply, "Just bread."
A nice and healthy diet for her. Carbs are apparently not her enemy. But when I started thinking about that statement in a spiritual sense, I realized Raegan has it pretty much dead on the money. When it comes to what we need, it's "Just Bread."
The problem with many people today is that they've decided to live their spiritual lives "Carb Free." They go through life without the Bread, and they are starving for Christ.
Over the next few days, I'm going to talk about what the Bread of Life is to me. In the meantime, make sure you aren't trying to live without the Bread you need!

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I really like the idea of living life with the Lord "carb free." I'm going to be thinking about that one for awhile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home