Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 04, 2007

And the Praises Go Up

First of all I have to say thanks to everyone who prayed for my Grandpa Smith. He had a heart catherization at 6 last night, and the doctor found no blockages, no problems with his previous stint, basically no problems with his heart! The doctor said he wasn't quite sure what had happened and listed off a few possibilities of what it might be, none of which were serious issues. Then my grandma just told the doctor that she really thought that God had just taken care of whatever the problem had been. And I say amen to that! Because countless people were praying! Thank you for your part in the prayer support!
And from what I read over at Heather's blog this morning we all have a lot to praise God for this morning! God truly loves His children. That is true whether He answers our prayers in our way or not. But sometimes I think He likes to pour extra blessings out on us just to show us how much He really cares!
I may or may not be around next week. I'm flying out to Honduras for work, and I'll be there Monday through Friday. The days get hectic, and computer time is rare, but I will try to squeeze a post in if I can! But if I don't, don't worry, I'll be back the next week! I could never leave my blogging buddies for too long!

I'll leave you today with today's Bible Gateway verse, which is once again very appropriate ('cause God's just awesome like that!)

II Chronicles 7:14, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Now it seems to me that in the last 24 hours lots of us have been humbling ourselves and praying. And God has definitely heard from heaven. Praise the Lord!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

"'Cause God's just awesome like that!'" Perfect!

Have a safe and wonderful trip.

Diane

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our Lord is just truly amazing.

Have a great trip and try to squeeze some fun time in there :)

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Sista Cala said...

Just checking in. I've been a bit behind in my blog reading lately. God Bless.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Heather, I'm so behind in my blog reading that I totally missed this with your Grandpa. Praise God for His mercies. I love your grandma. She seems like a spunky lady!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Hanley Family said...

Praise God!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home