Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The God Who Hears

I know I'm going to sound totally biased when I say this, but my brother preached an awesome message Sunday night. And I've heard this feedback from others who aren't related to him as well. Anyway, suffice it to say that Ben totally stepped back and allowed God to speak through him. And boy was it something I needed to hear!
He spoke from Psalm 116 and titled his message "Oh How I Love Jesus." I shared these two verses from Psalm 116 yesterday:

" 1I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
2Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live."

He gave three points about why he loved Jesus, but today I'm just gonna share a little of what he talked about in his first point. He said that he loved Jesus because He has Ears to Listen.
Sounds simple enough. God hears us. God listens to our prayers. We've all heard it a million times, but have we really understood what that means? GOD HEARS US.
The same God who created everything we see. The same God that parted the Red Sea for Moses. The same God who held the sun and moon in place during battle for Joshua. The same God who raised Lazarus from the dead. The same God who rose again Himself.
And it's not just a halfhearted, "Yeah, I'm hearing you." Look at what Psalm 116:2 says. It says, "He hath inclined His ear unto me." Think about that for a second. It's like as soon as we start praying, God bends closer to us. He gives His full attention to our needs. See, the awesomeness is that He can give His full attention to all of us at the same time. So He's hearing everything I say while also hearing everything you say! The thought boggles my mind, but I'm glad to know that I serve such an awesome God.
So if you feel all alone today, remember there is a God who hears you when you cry out to Him! He has His ear inclined to you today!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

Thanks, Heather. And thanks, God.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Sista Cala said...

Many things that seem soooo simple are taken for granted. Thanks for the reminder.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Karen Hossink said...

To imagine God inclined toward me is an awesome thing.
I hate to admit how many times my kids are trying to get my attention and I'm only half-heartedly listening to them. What if I inclined my ear toward them???
I'm so glad God listens intently. Thanks for sharing these thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home