Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

She's Here!!


Well, I'm a few days behind on my announcement, but it's been a little hectic this weekend. I went into labor this past Friday morning at around 4:30 AM, and I went to the hospital at around 2 PM when my contractions got to be 4-5 minutes apart. I was progressing slowly, so they sent me home to go through more of the early labor because they are dealing with a flu epidemic in the hospital and said it would probably be better for me to be home rather than the hospital.

To say I was disappointed would be putting it mildly. I thought maybe they were just trying to get me out of there. But then at 4:30 Saturday morning my water broke. So we went back to the hospital, and I got checked in to stay. A few hours later I had to be put on Pitocin because Alaena wasn't progressing things quickly enough. Turns out she was turned toward my stomach rather than my back making things happen slowly, but fortunately she flipped around, and I went from being 6cm to being 10cm in an hour.

So I present to you Miss Alaena Addison Smith, born February 9, 2008 at 8:49 PM. She weighed 7lbs, 11oz and was 20 3/4" long. And of course I'm partial, but I think she is absolutely gorgeous! What do you think?







10 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Congrats Heather!!!! I have been waiting for an update. Girl you have done good! What an awesome Mommy you will be!!

Congrats.

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new bundle of joy! What a blessing!

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Laura Paxton said...

Congrats! and Welcome to your beautiful little girl!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Welcome to the Motherhood Gang, sweetie!! I'm so happy for you. She is such a doll baby, too! And, ummm ... just one itty bitty question... did you have an epidural???

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no more beautiful baby girl in the whole wide world... Of course I am quite proud of you too Heather... Aunt Teri

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Sista Cala said...

Congrats! Now you will have some close company on your rollercoaster ride of life. smile.

 
At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby, she looks just like her grandma.....j/k. She really looks like her paw paw thought, but so do you. Heather your Dad and I are so proud of you, and little baby Alaena. Always put God first in everything, and everything else will fall in place. We Love You!
Mom And Dad

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Well, I think she is just beautiful! Is that a hint of a smile I see on her face....predictor of a very happy baby!

Congrats Heather! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! You have been gifted a beautiful little girl....

Diane

P.S. And to Heather's Mom and Dad...who I see posted a comment--we in "bloggityville" just love your daughter...she is such a blessing to us. And now we get to meet your newest granddaughter! God's Blessing to all of you as you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that little girl!

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See is so so beautiful Heather! Congrats! Oh I'm so happy for you. love to both of you!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Margie said...

I'm a month behind!! whenever I log into your blog at work, my computer dumps... so I finally got internet at home, and what a beautiful girl you got there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home